5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Eating Pitfalls
Trying to stay healthy over the holidays, but afraid it's a lost cause? Don't give up! There's hope, even among all the goodies and treats.
Follow these five tips from Lake Weight Solutions to avoid overeating during this most wonderful time of the year:
1. Practice high levels of vegetables and fruits. Load up on vegetables and fruits throughout your day to crowd out the over abundance of high fat and high calorie holiday foods. Doing this before going to events can help you avoid being ravenous and maximize control of your hunger.
2. Stay active. Exercise is critical during this time of the year. Staying active will not only help you to burn some of those extra holiday calories and manage your stress, but it will also help you to stay focused on practicing other healthy behaviors. Remember doing something is ALWAYS better than doing nothing! Every little bit of physical activity counts.
3. Compensate. Minimize calories throughout the day or week by using low calorie meal replacements or low calorie nutritional drinks. Using meal replacements before going to events will also support you in making healthier foods choices.
4. Do not skip meals. Skipping meals will likely lead to snacking, and overeating later in the day.
5. Eat frequently. Stay ahead of hunger by eating low calorie foods frequently throughout your day. Eating something every 2 hours will help you to stay ahead of hunger. When eating this frequently make sure you are reaching for low calorie food options such as: vegetables, fruits, and low calorie meal replacements.
Get more information on how Lake Weight Solutions helps patients achieve weight management. Interested in weight loss surgery? Learn more at ololphysiciangroup.com.
If you're looking for a physician, use the "Find a Doctor" tool on this site.