Know the Signs of a Stroke
Do you know the signs and symptoms of a stroke?
Not all of these warning signs occur in every stroke, but the most common symptoms before a stroke include:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headaches with no known cause
If you think you or someone you know may be having a stroke, call 9-1-1 immediately and seek medical assistance.
See more information from the experts at Our Lady of the Lake about strokes, "mini-strokes," the different types of strokes, and other neurological-related issues.
Learn more about OLOL's recent recognition for commitment to excellence in stroke care.