Ask your doctor to check the nerves, skin, and pulses in your feet.
- How often should I check my feet? What should I do when I check them? What problems should I call my doctor or nurse about?
- Who should trim my toenails? Is it okay if I trim them?
- How should I take care of my feet every day? What type of shoes and socks should I wear?
Ask your doctor about getting exercise.
- Before I start, do I need to have my heart checked out? My eyes? My feet?
- What type of exercise program should I do? What type of activities should I avoid?
- How should I watch my blood sugar when I exercise? What should I bring with me when I exercise?
When should I next have an eye doctor check my eyes? What eye problems should I call my doctor about?
Ask your doctor about your diabetes medications:
- When should I take them?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Are there any side effects?
How often should I check my blood sugar level at home? Should I do it at different times of the day? What is too low? What is too high?
Should I get a medical alert bracelet or necklace? Should I have glucagon at home?
Ask your doctor about other tests you may need, such as cholesterol, A1C, and a urine test to check for kidney problems.
How should I take care of my diabetes when I travel?
How should I take care of my diabetes when I am sick?
- What should I eat or drink?
- How should I take my diabetes medicines?
- How often should I check my blood sugar?
- When should I call the doctor or nurse?