Our Lady of the Lake Heart & Vascular Institute is a destination for comprehensive cardiovascular care with state-of-the-art treatments and world-class specialists. As leaders in heart and vascular care in Louisiana, Our Lady of the Lake’s Heart & Vascular Institute and team of highly-specialized physicians and care providers use an integrated approach of personalized, compassionate care powered by groundbreaking research and the latest medical technology.Advanced Approach and Innovation
Our Lady of the Lake continues to achieve best-in-class treatment for cardiovascular disease. With a highly-specialized staff in cardiac care, we are ready to act the moment chest pain strikes. Our physicians, nurses, and staff follow proven, evidence-based protocols in line with the highest quality standards of medicine. Our Lady of the Lake Heart and Vascular Institute is committed to a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
We are leaders in treatment for heart attack patients with the fastest door-to-balloon-treatment time in the area providing better outcomes for patients. Providing a Premier Experience
Evidence Based Design for Safety & Quality
- Natural light and large windows
- Beautiful spaces
- Compassionate care
- Faster healing and recovery
- World class physicians and specialists
- Specialized cardiovascular equipment and technology
- Advanced designs for improved teamwork
- Improved patient safety and quality
- Better patient outcomes
Artistically Designed for Comfort & Healing
- Patient Rooms - 141 rooms all designed to enhance patient care.
- Universal Patient Room - Facilitates all levels of treatment in one room, keeping patients in one location during their stay. Promotes faster healing and higher levels of safety and comfort for patients and guests.
- Education & Entertainment System- The GetWellNetwork is a full-service television and entertainment system that provides educational tutorials and videos related to patient care.
- Family Features - Sofas and recliners in patient rooms selected by family members, patients and nurses for ultimate comfort, cleanliness and design. Private refrigerator in rooms for families.
- Bathroom - Specifically designed for easy access and safety. Closer to beds.
- Communication Board - In each room to share information among care team, patient and family.
Leadership & Awards
- Interior design and colors were carefully selected to create a unique experience for patients, guests and families.
- Each area incorporates colors and features of water, nature, wind and sun, representing four elements from St. Francis' religious song Canticle of the Sun (Praise of Creatures).
- Magnolia flower and fleur-de-lis elements are incorporated throughout the facility in window panels, carpet, design and art.
- Design was inspired by the beautiful hometown of St. Francis: Assisi, Italy.
Cycle IV Chest Pain Center Accreditation
American Heart Association’s My Heart, My Life Program
Platinum Performance Achievement Award
Our Lady of the Lake first in state to perform Lariat procedure for Atrial Fibrillation
Performing off bypass heart procedures
In partnership with the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, Our Lady of the Lake is committed to the health of our community and preventing heart disease. The "My Heart, My Life" program is a resource for patients, guests, team members, and the community that offers onsite walking paths, teaching gardens, a heart walk, and other healthy initiatives.